Jonathan B. Acklen
Jon Acklen is a trial lawyer who fights for injured victims.
Key Practice Areas
Jon Acklen's practice is devoted to representing those seriously hurt by automobile accidents, defective products, dog bites, slip and falls, medical malpractice, and other negligent conduct. Jon has also developed niches in “bad faith” litigation, in which an insurance company treats its customer unfairly, and in consumer fraud.
Jon uses his considerable experience to fight for his clients and to protect the rights of victims by aggressively litigating cases and taking cases to trial. He has tried many cases throughout his career and obtained many significant recoveries for his clients. He played an active role in a trial that resulted in a $95 million verdict against serial killer Charles Cullen. Recently, during an automobile accident trial in Philadelphia, Jon was able to keep irrelevant evidence related to property damage out of evidence so that the jury could focus solely on the serious injuries suffered by his client. As part of the growing legal team at GREEN, SCHAFLE & GIBBS, he will continue to help victims by leveling the playing field against insurance companies and major corporate defendants who seek to take rights away from individuals and limit recoveries.
CONTACT JON ACKLEN
215 462 3330
Background & Education
Jon is admitted in the State and Federal Bars of Pennsylvania and New Jersey. He has been admitted pro hac vice in numerous other jurisdictions. He was born and raised in a small town in eastern Pennsylvania and combines his innate small-town values with his Philadelphia trial lawyer training to maximize recoveries for his clients. He has strong roots in the Lehigh Valley and continues to be active in the community there and in Philadelphia.
Jon obtained his Bachelors of Arts degree from Dickinson College where he took on a double major and co-chaired the College’s prestigious Public Affairs Symposium. He was also a member of the Pi Sigma Alpha Political Science Honor Society and was named as the Harry F. Booth Prize for outstanding work in Religious Studies. He graduated from Temple University’s Beasley School of Law with honors and was recognized for his outstanding achievement in products liability courses. He then began his legal career in Philadelphia working for a firm that defended product manufacturers. This experience defending manufacturers provides Jon with valuable insight and the ability to effectively represent victims today. He also is a former Financial Advisor and held Series 7 and Series 66 licenses.
Community & Professional Involvement
Jon is active in many professional organizations. He has served on the Board of Directors of the Boys & Girls Club of Easton and is a former president of that Board. He is a former Chair of the Lehigh County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division. He has also served as chair of the Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Young Lawyers. He previously sat as a Delegate on the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s House of Delegates, the governing body of that organization. He has taken an active role in community organizations such as the Network of Young Professionals and the Lehigh Valley Alliance on Aging. Jon also formerly enjoyed volunteering for Meals on Wheels of Lehigh County.
Jon currently resides in the Lehigh Valley and maintains an active personal injury practice there and in Philadelphia. Jon is an avid runner, having competed and completed many races, including three marathons.
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy Trial Skills Program Certification
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, 2012
- PA Super Lawyers Rising Star 2008 – 2013
- Appointed Board of Governors, Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- Elected Chair, Pennsylvania Association for Justice Future Leaders Section
- Appointed Chair, Lehigh County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division (3 terms)
- CLE Programs Taught/Developed
- Course Developer and Sole Presenter: “Litigation in the Social Networking Era: Is Tweeting Just for the Birds?”
- Course Developer and Co-Presenter: “Building Ties that Bind: Relationship Building for Lawyers”
- Faculty: “Social Media & Its Impact to Your Practice”
- Course Planner: “Social Media for Lawyers and the Ethics of Engaging Online”
- Course Planner and Faculty: “Juvenile Delinquency Representation”
- Author: “When Med Mal and Mass Tort Claims Overlap,” Medical Malpractice Law & Strategy Journal
- Author: “The Development of Trial Skills for Young Lawyers”, Young Lawyer Supplement, The Legal Intelligencer
- Author: “Networking for Lawyers,” PA Justice News
- Co-Author: “Issues Litigators Must Consider in the New Evolving World of Social Media,” The Legal Intelligencer
- Op-Ed pieces on DePuy Hip Recall, Sexual Abuse Victims’ Rights, Civil Justice System, Automobile Insurance
Other Professional Activities
- Author, Planner, and Presenter of Underage Drinking Mock Trial Program, Southern Lehigh High School
- Creator and Chair, “Northampton County Bar Association 5K for Makaeya” Committee (Raised over $10,000)
- Pro Bono Juvenile Conflicts Counsel
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- Pennsylvania Bar Association House of Delegates Zone 2 Delegate
- Bar Association of Lehigh County
- Northampton County Bar Association